Find the perfect horizon. Feel the heat of the finest sand, pebble’s beaches or massive rocky cliffs. We have pearl of the Adriatic Sea. Don’t hesitate, 73 km of the most beautiful union between sun, sea and land, 117 beaches, will help you to make right decision. You’ll find dark blue sea with transparency level from 16 to 56 m and you’ll enjoy 180 days of swimming season. In the morning you can wake up along the beautiful Adriatic Coast, have lunch on the banks of Skadar Lake, and enjoy the evening, walking or dining on Montenegrin maintains. Nowhere else you’ll find in such small place so many gorgeous natural, historical and cultural beauties, except in Montenegro. That is perfect place for your base port.
Did you know the facts?
- Montenegro has a 293 km long coast with 117 beautiful beaches, totally 73 km in length.
- 60.5% of the territory of Montenegro is more than 1000 m above the sea level.
- 13 km long, Velika Plaza is the longest beach on the Adriatic coastline.
- The Boka Kotorska Bay is the only fiord in the Mediterranean Sea
- Sveti Stefan, a town-hotel, is the only island in the world connected to the mainland by an embankment made of sand.
- The Old Town of Kotor, the Tara River Canyon and the National Park of Durmitor are protected as the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, due to their natural, cultural and historic values.
- The Tara River Canyon is the longest canyon in Montenegro and Europe and the second-longest in the world. It is 82 kilometers long and 1,300 meters deep, at its deepest.
- The Biogradska Gora National Park is 54 km2 in area. It is the second largest untouched forest in Europe.
- Lake Skadar is the habitat of 270 bird and 48 fish species, including 15 endemic ones. It has a rich flora with an abundance of endemic plant species and more than 25 rare plants.
- The Cathedral of Saint Tripun in Kotor is 69 years older than the Cathedral of Notre-Dame in Paris.
- Once completed, “Porto Montenegro” will be the largest marina in the Mediterranean Sea.